Wednesday, March 11, 2009

first training ride

statistically: okay
actually: sucked

nuvi is actually pretty good if you don't have a bike computer, this is what i got

Overall Avg.: 12.4 mph
Moving Avg.: 14.8 mph
Trip: 23.7 miles
Total Time: 1:58
Moving Time: 1:36

This is why it sucked


So we all know how wind is on a bike ride, you never realize it when it's at your back, but when you're biking into it you never know where it came from, and curse its very existence (and yours). Without further ado, this was my route:


View Larger Map

Long story short, it was really nice until the flat. I have a Soma Everwear on the rear, which means it has an extra 5mm of rubber on the tread. Despite that I got a flat that I realized near the golf course, and couldn't repair (wind kept knocking the bike over, Deep Vs suck for getting the tire out when it's windy and frustrating, etc. etc.) so I just shot some CO2 in there, and it seemed to be okay for the rest of the ride (though I still wobbled a little bit).

Rochester isn't really hilly, though looking at the time and how my legs felt going up the one hill at the end made me realize I have a long ways to go to finishing STP in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment