
So Richard and I decided to try the small Flying Wheels loop, to see how we would handle the hills (Dieter eat your heart out). Turns out, pretty well, at least after the first monster hill. The mileage for this ride isn't entirely accurate as we took a couple of wrong turns and got lost in Suburbia. We probably need to tack on a few extra hundred feet of climbing, too. In terms of nutrition, the Hammer Perpetuum is working very well for me. Same goes for the Powerbar protein bars. I didn't feel any burning from lean muscle cannibalization at all this ride. I think next time we'll try the 65 mi loop. Anyway, here are the details:
Distance: 42.35 mi
Total Ascent: 1434 ft
Max Ascent: 574 ft
you guys are lucky to have awesome hills. i'm stuck with lame small hills, and i have to go 60 miles to get 1000 ft of ascent.
ReplyDelete