Sunday, January 31, 2010

chilly hilly pre ride

We took on Bainbridge Island this weekend so we can get a feel for Chilly Hilly. This has got to be the most work I've put into a bike ride in a long long time.






See that hill at the beginning? That isn't officially on the Chilly Hilly route. I didn't really know the route and just went for it, and as I turned the corner, the route guide that dieter printed out for me fell out of my pocket (1st of many times this ride), and I was half way up the hill by the time I noticed. We rode up to the top until we passed Valley and realized that Valley wasn't supposed to come up as a turn for several more miles, so we turned back and took the correct turn at the bottom of the hill. My bad guys, but I'm not that sorry. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a new favorite route for this summer. Sorry Mercer, you've been replaced. Below are other ride maps/information. ~36 miles not including commute to the ferry from Udistrict(me)/Tacoma(otherdudes)


2 comments:

  1. 1391 ft of elevation including the hill we didn't need to do and chilly hilly says it's 3000... I don't think we've been giving ourselves enough credit for elevation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the thing that i think it is actually is that map my ride doesn't have as detailed gradients of hills as there actually are, because if you look at the elevation profile, the only thing i would say to do to correct it would be to make it "spikier"

    ReplyDelete